Monday, July 30, 2007

Finally back home ...

Well, I ended up not being able to post before I left Australia, which was ok. My last day there consisted of buying a muffin for breakfast, catching the train, then riding on an airplane over the ocean for about 12 and a half hours, before catching another plane back to Portland.

My time in Australia was fantastic, and it is still hard to believe today that I am back home, with absolutely nowhere to go. I feel like going and walking around the gardens or exploring other parts of the city before I have to tell myself that I am back in Eugene, and need to get back to work.

To everyone in the family, I'm glad you enjoyed the blog, as I had a lot of fun writing for it each day. It was a great way for me to reflect on everything that I had done and seen on the day, and I'm happy to say that I'll be doing the same when Ted and I go to China in the fall as internet usage permits. We'll be there for a whole month, so keeping up on the blog will be the best way to have a peek into what we are up to on the other side of the world.

As for the blog, I'm really going to scale it down, if not stop posting until China, as I know the few of you that do read this are bored by me in real life about constant talk of my thesis, and you don't need a second helping of it on the internet as well. But do come back starting at the end of September, as I'll be getting reading to head off to China for the time of my life with Ted in tow, and we should have a great adventure of which I want to share with you all, right here on the blog.

And a big thanks to all the family members who sent me compliments ... I'm just glad I wasn't doing all of that typing for nothing! :)

2 comments:

StefaNeeny said...

Can I just say that I am so jealous... This is your cousin, by the way. Been thinking about you and your sis. Hope you two wonderful women are doing well. Do you have any more pics from your trip? Would love to see them if you do. Lots of love. Stef.

Paul Niedermeyer said...

Andrea,

Terrific blog. Liked your detailed observations and impressions. Felt like I was there. Sounds like you had an excellent trip. Thanks for sharing.

Paul